Our Mission & Objectives
Prakriti Ko Ghar Nepal (PKG)
- Our goal is to create and spread concepts and practical knowledge about sustainability to those seeking solutions to fulfil people’s day-to-day needs.
- Our focus is to foster residential resiliency and self-sustainability while providing educational opportunities regarding the food production for the citizens of Nepal.
- With all our projects, we endeavor to impact people, community and economy, while being environmentally conscious.
- Our ultimate mission is to empower people and their local communities with essential knowledge and experience that improves their mental and physical health, in turn impacting our society and economy as a whole.
- Prakriti Ko Ghar Nepal (PKG) is a non-profit making; people’s welfare oriented social organization. We are registered under the district administration office of Kathmandu as a non-government organization (Reg. No. 931) and are affiliated with the Social Welfare Council of Nepal.
- Our intent is to create sustainable libraries for community development, functional structures using natural and sustainable building methods, and to increase environmental awareness. The ultimate goal is to improve agricultural capabilities, and to increase production, ultimately bringing diversification to the local economy thus improving Nepal’s overall GNP.
- PKG Nepal is focusing on educational resources and opportunities in sustainable development, education in permanent agriculture and resources and technology.
- PKG Nepal is collaborating with the Nepal Government as well as other relevant organizations to create policies and procedures that are efficient and supportive in action.
- Programmes: Assist in constructing eco-friendly houses by launching programmes which enhance knowledge, skills, experience while developing plans/drawings to design and construct such houses.
- Education: Seminars, workshops, training programs will be conducted to increase the awareness regarding the purpose and protection of essential natural resources and places.
- Research: Conduct research regarding specific environmental needs, trends, risks, strengths and challenges of rural and urban areas in Nepal. Research will help define local residents capacities and utilize their potential in development efforts to reinforce sustainability.
- Policy: To collaborate with the Government of Nepal on developing effective environmental policies alongside local and foreign organizations.
- Building: Construct eco-friendly natural houses for accommodation and settlement of aged people and orphans.
- Volunteerism: Promote volunteering opportunities and activities and across different developmental regions.